The world’s most trusted protection storage is now software-defined with Data Domain Virtual Edition (DD VE). DD VE is simple to configure and deploy. Flexible licensing includes capacity, DD Boost, DD Replicator and DD Encryption.
With DD VE customers gain the benefits of the world’s most trusted protection storage and the simplicity, flexibility and efficiency of a software-defined solution.
- SIMPLE: Quick and simple to deploy and can be up and running in minutes
- FLEXIBLE: A single instance can scale from 0.5 – 16 TB and capacity can be expanded in 1 TB increments. So, customers can grow as they need. Capacity can also be deployed across multiple sites and easily moved between locations.
- EFFICIENT: Maintains core Data Domain features such as variable-length deduplication and Data Domain Data Invulnerability Architecture. Plus, DD VE can run on standard hardware, allowing customers to leverage existing infrastructure.
- Supported on VMware ESXi 5.1, 5.5 and 6.0
- 0.5 TB Community Edition: Higher capacity paid version (upto 16TB)
- NFS, CIFS and DD Boost protocols supported
- Includes DD Boost, DD Replicator, and DD Encryption software
- Multiple replication topologies: virtual to physical, physical to virtual, and virtual to virtual
- VMware vSphere High Availability and Fault Tolerance support
- Data Domain System Manager support for manageability
- ELMS licensing enabled