SIMPLE. MODERN. FLEXIBLE. AFFORDABLE.
Now with 2.5x more capacity in 2 Rack Units
Unity is off to a great start and is setting the market on fire. Since its GA in May, the Unity transition far exceeds the VNX2 transition (from VNX1 for the same time period). In addition, we have seen close to 20,000 Unity systems quoted, with great interest in both the All-Flash and Hybrid configurations across a wide range of use cases. And we have seen more than 3,000 UnityVSA downloads, with over 50% activation rate, providing users with a software-defined entry point and an on-ramp to a future purpose-built Unity appliance sale.
Innovation is key, and the Unity team is delivering on that by:
- Offering new RAID 6 (14+2) ordering options through MyQuotes
- Enabling upgrades in MyQuotes for both All-Flash and Hybrid configurations
- Introducing support for new higher capacity flash drives – 3.84TB and 7.68TB SSD
- Providing support for AppSync Basic and AppSync Advanced
- Price changes align net prices between Unity All-Flash and Unity Hybrid
- New Drives: Introducing support for 3.84TB and 7.68TB SSD to be used only in Unity All-Flash arrays. This presents a huge 2.5x improvement in density. Previously Unity supported 80TB in 2Us (i.e. 25x 3.2TB drives); now Unity All-Flash will support 192TBs in 2Us. These new drives will be in MyQuotes starting on August 13 and will only be supported in their own all-flash pools in Unity All-Flash arrays. In Unisphere, these new flash drives will present themselves as “SAS Flash 4” – you cannot mix SAS Flash 3 and SAS Flash 4 drives in the same pool.
These new flash drive options allow for more flexibility and improved density.
- Unity Upgrades: Many Unity customers are starting to ask for capacity upgrades. Today many RFP’s require that you add in upgrade costs into your initial RFP submission. Up to now, this has been a manual process requiring corporate involvement. As of August 13, the ability to quote Unity upgrades for All-Flash and Hybrid configurations will be included in MyQuotes.
We’ve simplified the upgrade process. It is now included in MyQuotes.
- RAID 6: As of the July MyQuotes release, RAID 6 (14+2) has been included as an option in the Unity Sizer Tool.
More flexible RAID options. Better protection and less impactful rebuild times with RAID 6.
- AppSync: As of the July MyQuotes release, AppSync Basic is provided at no additional charge with all Unity systems. AppSync Advanced is also supported and available for order in MyQuotes as optional software.
AppSync provides for a modern single-click application consistent snapshot for more advanced and specific application protection capabilities.
- Pricing Alignment: July price changes align net prices between Unity All-Flash and Unity Hybrid.
List prices on Unity All-Flash will be reduced to balance the reduction of Early Adopter Promo. Net Street Price will remain flat from Q2 to Q3.
List prices on Unity Hybrid all-flash pool drives will be changed to align to the new Unity All-Flash drive list prices (Early Adopter Promotion will now automatically apply to all-flash pool drives across both Hybrid and All-Flash configurations).
Note: The new Unity software release (Unity OE v4.0.1) which includes support for the new drives and minor bug fixes for improved quality, and is required for the new flash drive support, will be posted for download on August, 16 and will GA from manufacturing on August 29.